Thursday, May 22, 2008

I am not really ready for the upcoming exams. I am not very prepared for them and they are coming up quick. I have an exam in all my classes except study halls and extra classes like art and music. I think that either the history or English exam will be the hardest. I am not very good with memorizing things so the vocabulary on the English exam is going to be hard in that way. Also i am not very good at writing papers and essays. This is the other section of the English exam so that is also going to be difficult. The history exam will be hard because you have to know a lot of things and remember dates and things that happened and i am not good at that so that is going to hurt me as well.

To Do:
1) make study guides for all the exams
2) find old quizzes and tests that cover what is going to be on the exams
3) make tests or quizzes that cover the material on the exam
4) make a "cheat sheet" for the English exam
5) study for the exams



When i was about 8 or 9 years old, i started having horrible pains in my stomach. For about a week know one knew what these pains were. Then one day, i was sitting on my couch moaning and my mom walked in to check where the pain was and i said right below my belly button and she sprung into action! About 10 minutes later me and her were in the car riding to the emergency room because she knew that something was wrong. When we got there the people took me and put me in an x-ray machine where my best friends dad found what was wrong. I had a appendicitis and my large intestine had almost devoured my smaller one. Once the doctors found out about this, they found the closest room and set up for me to have surgery ASAP. About 2 hours after i had arrived at the hospital, i was laying on an operation table in a freezing cold room being put to sleep so that i could be operated on.
When i woke up about 6 or 7 hours later, i had the worst pain i have ever felt in my stomach. I was unable to talk and was just pushed around on a long stretcher. The doctors and my parents wheeled me to my room where i stayed for about 5 days. I slept about 10 minutes that night because the nurses were frequently coming in and taking my blood and checking up on me. I don't know how i did sleep because the pain in my stomach was so bad. On the second day, i was not able to even walk or move because of the pain. I stayed on my back this whole time because if i rolled over then the IVs could come out of me and it was horrible getting them back in. On about the third day, i was able to walk down the hallway with a walker. It was VERY painful though. Finally when i got out of the hospital, i stayed out of school for about another week. The pain still stayed for that week but getting back to school and seeing my friends made it go away because that 2 weeks of my life was SO lonely.

No comments: